Can someone please help me with my hot water convection heating problem??

Old 09-20-04, 06:42 AM
Buzzy
Visiting Guest
Red face Can someone please help me with my hot water convection heating problem??

I have a rented one bedroom apt. which has a baseboard heating system in the bedroom and in the main room.

The vent in the bedroom (valve which releases hot water pressure?)
had sprung a leak in June. The water soaked across the carpet in the bedroom. The Landlord did not come to shut it off for me for 5 days. I used bowls and metal trays to catch water under valve.

Once the water seemed to have run out, or at least slowed down, the Landlord came by to shut off the water.
Ever since, we haven't seen him for the baseboard's vent repair etc.

I asked my cousin who is a cert. plumber to replace the #67 Auto-Vent for me. That is as far as we got. My cousin had to leave without checking to see if the water valves were turned back on etc. Now I don't hear any water running through the boards like I use to hear, and the heat comes on very low. Sometimes in the day, there is no heat coming from the baseboard's convectors at all?

My baby and I have been getting very sick, with my bronchitis and his nose is running at times. :-(
Our building manager (landlord) doesn't give a damn. I asked for his help a number of times, where he would send his girlfriend's son to come and look. The son did not know a thing.

Can someone please advise me what to look for in making sure all is turned on correctly etc. to get us some proper heating??

Thank-You

Old 10-07-04, 12:33 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
The system needs to be blead out. Can you get to your boiler? I don't know about laws in Canada but in the states the landlord is in trouble if he leaves you without heat.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: