Electric Heat Pump Question

Old 10-20-04, 12:32 AM
dante7600
Visiting Guest
Question Electric Heat Pump Question

I have a York Elec. Heat Pump. This is my second year in my home and when I turned on my heat it runs for several minutes then the Emergency Heat light begins to blink.
The light blinks five times. The heat seems to be working but the fan never stops running.
I was of the understanding that this means the system is not getting enough air intake. The last owner said that this happens when snow and ice builds up on the exterior fan.
It is mid-october and I live in Pennsylvania, there has not been ice or snow yet!
Any suggestions about what the problem might be? I am a novice but can complete small fixes in order to avoid any major repair bills, or worse yet have a tech come out and charge me $90 to show me a quick fix.
Thanks in advance for your help!

Old 10-20-04, 03:49 AM
heatpumpman
Visiting Guest
Have you got the book for the thermostat?

If not, post the brand and model number of the thermostat (and your equipment, too) and maybe someone can help you. It very well may be time to have your system serviced.

I'm curious about the blinking thermostat.

Old 10-20-04, 06:58 AM
dante7600
Visiting Guest
No Thermostat Book

I do not have the thermostat book, but the name on the outside is York.
My heater is a York Model No. N2AHD10A06C.
I received info from the last homeowner that the five blink code means the system is not getting enough air. Is there anything I can do, I just change the filter?

Old 10-20-04, 05:20 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Wink

Well how bad was the filter? Is the blower wheel clean and ok. The inside coil clean? Id check them first if it said no air .

ED

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: