installing a heat pump

Old 10-24-04, 06:02 AM
deniserude
Visiting Guest
Red face installing a heat pump

we are replacing our existing oil furnace with a heat pump, but are going to do it ourselves and wanted to know if/how we need to find the building code to place it the proper number of feet from the house and breaker panel, or do we even need to? how do we find this info? any help would be great! thanx, denise

Old 10-24-04, 12:41 PM
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
Wink

I would for sure check code there first. All sides of the unit have to be 18" clear and 30" on the work side of the unit. If you are going to put it in yourself then you are EPA I take it

ED

Old 10-25-04, 06:45 AM
deniserude
Visiting Guest
no, we are not EPA, but a friend of ours is a liscensed tech, and will be helping us. i won't speak to him until later this week, and just wanted to know for myself before we spoke so we could know who to call, as he is from out of state. thanx

Old 11-07-04, 11:17 AM
fangusflea
Visiting Guest
Question

hi there!
i am about to buy a house in chilly canada, which has an oil furnace. we would rather not heat with oil, and i was wondering how difficult, and costly it is to replace an oil furnace with a heat pump?
thanks!

Old 11-07-04, 11:34 AM
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
Thumbs up

Is very hard to say what one there would cost its that way all over .Cost are not the same. Goto http://www.warmair.net
You can compare fuel cost for where you are.

One more thing you can kick around there is keep the oil furnace and it would be the back up for the heat pump. You can just put the heatpump coil on top of it just like an AC unit with the outdoor unit. They do a lot of them down here with a gas furnace as back up

ED

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: