Furnace Blower

Old 10-25-04, 09:09 AM
namveteran
Visiting Guest
Furnace Blower

My forced air blower on my furnace wont shut off. During the summer when I had the AC on and wanted to manually turn it off the AC itself would turn off but I still had air coming thru my vents. It did stop a few times but now it is running continuously. I even had my heat on and after I turned it off the blower would/is still running. I checked my stat and have 4 wires connected to it. (W,Y,Black & R). I disconnected each one individually from the stat to see if one of them affected the blower. No luck. On the left side of my stat I have "fan" and "auto". On the right side I have "air" on top "off" in the middle and "heat" on the bottom. I leave the left side on "auto" and can control the actual AC and "Heat" flow with the "off" switch on the right side, however, I am continously getting forced air coming into my vents. Any suggestions?

Old 10-26-04, 02:03 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Wink

Sounds like the blower relay down in the unit. Not in the tstat you have pulled G wire off and it still ran you said. Check the schematic on the unit and it should show you the blower relay. you can try and hit the side of the unit real hard with your hand and see if it stops. Even if it does get a new one.

ED

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: