Need Thermostat wiring help

Old 11-09-04, 03:54 PM
aj2004
Visiting Guest
Need Thermostat wiring help

Trying to replace a Coleman(mercury)stat with a Honeywell Pro TH832OU1008. This is on a Coleman heat pump split system with auxiliary heat and emergency heat. The Coleman(sub base 3600-367) has 8 wires. Coleman furance is 3400-A816----Coleman heat pump 4530-901.
Not sure where some of the wires go

Coleman stat-wire(Could be wrong-I am somewhat color blind)
G-Green
Y-Yellow
E--Not Used
X-Black
O-Orange
W2-White
R-Red
L-Gray
B-Brown
New Honeywell stat--Y2,L,E,AUX,S1,S2,RC,R,OB,Y,G,C

Any help to get me going in the right direction will be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Old 11-10-04, 04:39 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Old 11-11-04, 09:19 AM
aj2004
Visiting Guest
hvac4u

I have the installation instructions. The problem is I have no way of knowing for sure which wire does what from old stat. They go into a box that is not easily accessible on the furnace,so I was hoping someone may know by color which wire does what at the furnace.The colors I listed are at the furnace.

Since E is not used on old stat,which wire is used for emergency heat?

Thanks for any info

Old 11-11-04, 01:37 PM
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
Wink

Ok you can go this way . Be sure you dont short out the wires. Take R-red and put it on R and RC there. Now one at a time jump from the R to a wire and see what comes on and put it where it goes. You say O and B thats a no no B can be the common. My book said the X your black is the emergency heat BUT CHECK IT OUT for sure . Dont like programmable tsats for a heat pump they turn the aux on for pick up . So it cost you more for this

Ed

Old 11-11-04, 04:17 PM
aj2004
Visiting Guest
If you don't like programmable stats,which other one would you recommend as the best?

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: