heat pump intermittently not coming on

Old 11-14-04, 02:24 PM
virgilw
Visiting Guest
heat pump intermittently not coming on

I have a 15yr old Lennox ECB18-12.5. It will not warm the house, if left on the normal setting on tstat , the inside temp. just keeps dropping with blower blowing cool air. This is when the outside temp is 35 degrees or less. So I turn it to emeg. heat and the house heats right up. It will turn on and off, on and off for a number of times--just fine. Then it will not come back on and when I get up in the morning it will be 50 degrees in the house. I have to play with the tstat-turn off/on and change to normal/emerg heat several times before it will come back on. I have had 4 service calls all for the same reason. Twice the tstat has been replaced---now has a Lennox "so it will match better". And twice the servicemen said the heat pump itself (inside unit) was wired wrong. Still the same problem!

Sponsored Links
Old 11-15-04, 03:41 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Wink

I have had 4 service calls all for the same reason. Twice the tstat has been replaced---now has a Lennox "so it will match better". And twice the servicemen said the heat pump itself (inside unit) was wired wrong. Still the same problem!
A tstat is a tstat as long as it is the right one for the set up you have. How did it run for 15 years if it was wired wrong. Why dont they look at the unit inside and outside. Not just put a new tstat on the wall. You play with it and say the compressor comes on .Have they looked at the contactor out side that can be it. Points on it bad , bugs in it. loose wire's there on itor in th unit,on the compressor. freon OK?? sounds like you need a better hvac guy there. One that knows what he is doing.
15 years is very good for a heatpump just sounds like they dont know how to work on them

ED