Heater not putting out enough heat

Old 11-20-04, 11:58 AM
WannaLearn
Visiting Guest
Unhappy Heater not putting out enough heat

Hello all,

I just bought a brand new house 3 years ago that comes with an electrical heater. It works great until this year. When I turn it on, the heater does not put out enough heat. The air feels cool, and not warm or hot like it did last year. The fan from the outside unit is running, and the thermostat seems to work properly. When I switch to Emergency mode, the same thing happens. It is possible that the refrigerant is low, or is this something else more serious? Please, can someone tell me what is wrong with my heater, or how to fix it. It this something I can troubleshoot myself, do I have to hire a professional to do it? Any helps are appreciated. By the way, I'm using the WeatherKing heat pump, and Robertshaw thermostat. Thanks all for reading my post.

Old 11-20-04, 12:18 PM
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
Wink

You say the outside fan is on.Is the compressor also on??If sounds more like low on freon. But the eme strips should have come on also for you . Filters clean. I think you
should call hvac tech to look at it if its the compressor you should have 2 years left on replacement of it

ED

Old 11-20-04, 02:14 PM
C
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Hi,

Did the unit operate properly during the summer while in the Cooling Mode ?

Is this your FIRST time turning on the Heat this year OR did it just suddenly stop heating ?

Take care,
CoolBreeze

Old 11-21-04, 11:03 AM
WannaLearn
Visiting Guest
I checked, the filter is clean. No it is not the first time I use the heater this year. The first time I turned it on, about a week ago, everything worked fine, and I got heat. It did not stop heating, just not putting out enough heat lately. By the way, where do I check to see if the compressor is turned on or not. Thanks all.

Old 11-21-04, 11:12 AM
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
Wink

If you cant hear it feel the big copper line it should be hot.
Let us know.

ED

Old 11-21-04, 10:34 PM
WannaLearn
Visiting Guest
Hi all,

I checked again this afternoon, for some reason, the heater worked like magic. It putting out heat just as it should be doing. But around evening, the same thing happened again, just cool to warm air blowing out and not enough heat. It seems that whenever I set the temp above 75 degree, the heater works fine. However, below that temp, not enough heat. The pipe felt hot this afternoon, but warm now.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: