Del-Air System; Heat Blows Cold Air

Old 11-27-04, 02:55 PM
ahutnik
Visiting Guest
Question Del-Air System; Heat Blows Cold Air

Before I call the repairman and give him all our money, I wanted to find out if this is a problem I can diagnose and fix on my own. Any help is VERY appreciated.

We have a Del-Air Central Heat/AC electrical system. It was here when we bought the house, and we figure it's about 10 years old. Everything was going fine until the other day when we turned the heat on (for the first time of the year). It did the usual "smells like somethings burning" routine, and blew kinda warm air for a few minutes. Then it started blowing cold air (I guess the air from outside). Now it skips right to the "blowing cold air" part.

What do y'all think?

Thanks!!!

Old 11-30-04, 04:43 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
strips not coming on.. is it a heat pump?

Old 11-30-04, 04:53 PM
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Wink

Like said it helps to have all the info on just what you have there for heat and cool. What all fans run are dont run inside and outside. Then some one here can help you .

ED

Old 12-04-04, 07:04 AM
ahutnik
Visiting Guest
Red face How?

Sorry... how do I check for what you need to know? What do I need to look for? Thanks for replying, though. I appreciate it. I want to KNOW how. I learn quickly, but I don't know where to start.

Thanks again!

Old 12-04-04, 07:20 AM
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Wink

Is it a heat pump? gas,electric, oil? inside fan run ,outside fan run. what make furnace ????? Have to look and see what you have .All breakers on?

ED

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: