No Emergency heat

Old 12-24-04, 05:49 AM
gittis
Visiting Guest
No Emergency heat

I wrote earlier, and asked my contractor about a t-stat that allows me to control the aux heat. Unfortunately even after talking with Honeywell, they don't make one. The contractor said just to flip the switch to emergency heat when it gets real cold out. I did and no heat! Aux heat works fine when you bump the temp up 3 to 4 degrees. But emer heat doesn't work at all.

I have a LuxPro t-stat, and a 14 SEER Heil heat pump. After going through the schematics I noticed that the t-stat has a E terminal for emergency heat but the Heil schematic doesn't use the E terminal unless it's two stage heat with two outdoor t-stats! From my non-electronic knowledge I either need to:

A. Buy a t-stat that uses the W2 terminal for both emergency and aux heat,

B. Bridge the two terminals. I don't like that thought. , or

C. Turn the system off when it gets cold out.

Sponsored Links
Old 12-24-04, 01:00 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Wink

Dont know the tstat. But all of the ones I have go for a W2 jumper to E. Tried to find it dont have the # and what it is

To control the AUX are Eme heat just turn it over to that and that should be all you get.
Have to ask dont the strips come on when you go into defrost.

The contractor said just to flip the switch to emergency heat when it gets real cold out. I did and no heat! Aux heat works fine when you bump the temp up 3 to 4 degrees. But emer heat doesn't work at all.
Id sure call him back and make him fix it . This is not right. Thats like if the pump goes out then you should be able to just turn it over to Eme heat.

ED

Old 12-24-04, 05:52 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
When temp gets down to 35 degrees or lower I set my t'stat to emer. heat and the w2 and e terminals are jumpered togethered at the t'stat.

Old 12-27-04, 04:57 AM
gittis
Visiting Guest
thanks

Thanks for the info. I tend to think the contractor shoud be the one that fixes it or jumps the terminals. That way if the system fries it's his fault and not the homeowner.

Thanks