heat pumps vs LP

Old 12-24-04, 11:22 PM
mjmeyers
Visiting Guest
heat pumps vs LP

I am building a 2850 sq ft 1.5 story home in the greater St. Louis area. The home will have a separate HVAC system for the main and second floors. Is an all electric air source heat pump/water heating system more cost efficient than a LP gas system?

Thanks!

Old 12-25-04, 09:50 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You can go here www.warmair.net and put in the cost numbers in your area and do a comparison. You could always use the h/p with lp as the secondary.

Old 12-25-04, 01:04 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have an all-electric, high efficiency heatpump system, but I live in NC. A lot of people here seem to really like the dual fuel systems that mattison mentioned, however. They claim they are the most efficient for the climate here.
I believe that the heatpump does the heating until the outside temp hits 40, then the gas heating system kicks in.
I grew up on natural gas "everything" (central heating, space heating, cooking, water heater) in Texas, but my wife prefers all-electric, and I don't care. Our electric heatpump works fine for here.
I bet that after you check it out for St. Louis, that you would like the high efficiency dual fuel systems there.
Good luck!
Mike

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: