Blower not working

Old 12-28-04, 02:07 PM
K
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Blower not working

I have a Carrier heat pump with a Carrier FA4ANF024 air handler and a White-Rodgers 1F58-72 Term. The blower is not working when term calls for heat or cool or when term Sytem is Off with Fan set to ON. Jumping Red to Green while System Switch is Off and Fan set to Auto, turns on outside unit, but still no blower. Jumping Red to Green while System Switch is Off and Fan set to On, does nothing. I then went to the air handler and separated the red from the term and outside unit. Likewise separated the green from the Term which was connected to the handler's grey. I then touched the handler's grey with the handler's red thinking that if it turns the blower on, the problem is outside of the handler. The blower still did not come on. At this point I guess it must be the airhandler.....fan control or capcaitor???. What do I check next and how?

Old 12-28-04, 04:21 PM
see if voltage is going to the motor (220 ) if so, either motor or cap is bad, if not board or relay

Old 12-28-04, 08:48 PM
K
I checked the wires leading to the blower. Seems everything is hot. This really confused me. The themo is set for Fan=Auto and Sys =Off, therefore should NOT be calling for blower, yet when I test the yellow (Common) and Blue (230) terminals of transformer they are both hot. It that right?

The Yellow is connected to the blower. The 230 line goes to the fan control where there is a blue wire that leads to the blower. This blue wire is hot. Also both terminals on the capacitor (connected to blower with brown wires) are hot.

I therefore am confused: Why are all wire hot when therm is not calling for blower?
Why is the blower not continuously running?

P.S. If I connect the PCB's red wire with its grey wire , should that not call for the blower? Seems to have no effect on the above.

Old 12-29-04, 05:37 AM
bigjohn1
Visiting Guest
You are reading backfeed voltage from the yellow wire thru the motor windings. Check to see if you have 230 volts going to the motor- yellow to blue- when you turn the FAN switch to on.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: