Heat pump failure

Old 01-01-05, 08:45 AM
jriosa
Visiting Guest
Heat pump failure

Looking for information here. We have an older heat pump (Trane TRW340). The outside unit no longer has the fan running, and is running on aux heat when it is kicking in. Other than that it is only blowing ambient cool air. However, I am not sure that is the sole problem. I pulled the cover off the unit and there is a 2-pair wire that looks like it should enter into the base of a control box on the compressor that appears to be cut off/snapped. Anyone know where I can find a wiring diagram, or what this actaully does? I would like to have a better idea of what is going on before the technicians show up after the holiday weekend.

Fortunately balmy in Virignia -

Jim

Old 01-01-05, 01:30 PM
bigjohn1
Visiting Guest
There should be a wiring diagram on the unit. Do you mean that only the fan outside is not running or the entire outdoor unit is not running?

Old 01-01-05, 02:41 PM
jriosa
Visiting Guest
couldn't locate a wiring diagram on the unit itself. The whole unit is not functioning. When it is blowing air inside you can hear a quiet whine on the outside unit, suggesting to me the fan unit could not start, however the compressor was not running either.

Old 01-01-05, 06:28 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Wink

Are you sure that the noise outside is not the compressor running and the fan there dont run?? Is the big copper pipe warm are hot ?

ED

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: