Trane Heatpump short cycling

Old 01-11-05, 02:43 PM
mikestrane
Visiting Guest
Trane Heatpump short cycling

I have a Weathertron model TWX730A100A2, the problem started when I found the house was cold and found the doublepole breaker tripped, checked for visual problems at unit,ok, reset breaker, when calling for heat about every 12 to 15 minutes it would switch over to defrost and then back continually as long as heat was called for. checked the lines at the furnace and they are getting hot each direction the switching valve calls for and the other line cools as it should, also noticing a lot of noise from the lines while this is happening.tried to get serviceman out but they don't return calls!. so trying to figure it out till then. according to the electrical print I have this unit is I believe a demand defrost control, not timed- correct? and the unit uses sensors and a thermister to initiate defrost? what could be bad, board or other sensors? any Help is appreciated. Thanks, Mike

Old 01-12-05, 05:07 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Hard to tell but it sounds low on refrigerant or low airflow through the outdoor coil. If indeed it's using sensors and it's low on refrigerant or the outdoor coil is getting low airflow it will begin to freeze up and then the sensor will initiate a defrost.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: