Rheem contactor wiring

Old 01-18-05, 07:13 AM
roads1
Visiting Guest
Rheem contactor wiring

Hello,
I had to change the single pole contactor on my heat pump. I think I must have mixed up the wires and wonder if anyone has a schematic for them.

Before I changed the contactor it would only come on when I jumpered between the sides of the contactor. After I changed it the first time it worked fine and checked the freon and it was good. Problem started again and I think I must have miswired it the second time as only the inside unit will run now.
Thank you for any help.

Old 01-18-05, 10:11 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
What was the original problem and why did you change the contactor?

How did you wire it back up.

Old 01-18-05, 06:42 PM
roads1
Visiting Guest
I changed it originally be cause it wouldn't turn on the outside compressor unit unless the switch was jumpered or I pressed down on the contacts to complete the circuit. After I changed them, I took the contactor apart and could see bad pitting and scoring on the surface. Just like the points on cars used to be.
After changing the contactor the unit worked fine until the heating season when it wouldn't work heat mode. I thought the contacts had gone out again so I changed them a second time but must have mixed up the wires. Because it won't come on now even when I press on the contacts to complete the cicrcuit.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: