Wiring new thermostat

Old 01-22-05, 12:37 PM
johnsont423
Visiting Guest
Unhappy Wiring new thermostat

trying to wire a new honeywell thermostat we have the wires connected except for one it was on X1 on the old thermostat but on the new thermostat there is no intructions on where to put it there is only x and x2. Help please!

Old 01-22-05, 01:17 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Wink

Info info helps . What are you putting it on and what tstat is it. Just info ---- X most of the time is common and X2 is the emergency heat relay in my books. Id say find out where your X1 goes to are do at the unit.

ED

Old 01-22-05, 03:39 PM
johnsont423
Visiting Guest
It is a Honeywell RTH7400D. We have heater and air conditioner, we believe it is a heat pump, one unit in attic and one outside that runs when heat is on. The old thermostat had 7 wires; R, O, Y, G, X1, E, W2. New thermostat codes; R, O/B, Y, G, C, L, E, Aux. We connected old R to R, O to O/B, Y to Y, G to G, X1 to ?????, E to E and W2 to Aux. We did not connect anything to C or L. Manual possibilty X, B or C possible connection to new terminal C.

Old 01-22-05, 03:51 PM
johnsont423
Visiting Guest
The unit outside is no longer turning on either.

Old 01-22-05, 07:50 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
You didn't mention the color of the mystery X wire, but go to the airhandler and remove the cover and see where this wire lands. I'm guessing it's the common but don't hook it there on my guess.

Old 01-22-05, 08:55 PM
johnsont423
Visiting Guest
the wire is grey

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: