Is Goodman heat pumps good?

Old 02-17-05, 07:12 PM
Mbwolfpup
Visiting Guest
Is Goodman heat pumps good?

Time to replace the heat pump. currently have an Amana which is 27yrs old and it has died. I have had 3 bids. Company "A" wants to sell me a Trane 3 ton with 12 seer, clean ducts 10 year warranty for $7,400.
Company "B" wants to sell me a Goodman 3 ton 12 seer, replace return duct work 10 year warranty for $4,700
Company "C" took 3 days to get estimate, They faxed it to me at work. Just says 2.5 ton unit for $3,800 or 3 ton unit for $4,300, did not give brand or seer rating. I have already decided not to go with company "C".
Money is a factor here and company "A" is out of my budget range. My question is How good is a Goodman heat pump? I live in central Alabama.
Thanks for any advice

Sponsored Links
Old 02-18-05, 05:17 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
In reality Goodman has improoved and if installed properly and maintained should be fine. They tend to be a little noisier due to the cabinets not being as thick. They are a lower end unit but serve their purpose and are not a bad unit now as apposed to what they used to be.

You may want to consider a couple more quotes. Try a company that deals in Rheem/Ruud, American Standard.

Also make sure they do a load loss/gain calculation on the home to assure that they size it properly.

Old 02-18-05, 11:25 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Wink

When you are looking at just the SEER here you also want to look at the heatpumps HSPF you are also buying it for that Like a Trane XL16i is a seer of 17.00 and a HSPF of 10.55 for heat. Ask around .Yes goodman do work. That is for both inside and outside units?

ED

Old 02-19-05, 05:07 PM
Mbwolfpup
Visiting Guest
Thanks for the advice, I will get a couple more bids. My unit is outside only
a "package heat pump" I belive is what it is called