Air handler just ate antother transformer

Old 06-11-05, 06:20 PM
W
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Air handler just ate antother transformer

Replaced transformomer a week and half ago
then the blower moter was running constanst fixed that with a tap to the relay. Tonight it tried to start like 3 times then shut down. tranformer is shot agian I did hear it making bumping sounds while running eailer .Is the motor going out and causing it to eat transformers ??? it is not tripping breaker

Old 06-11-05, 07:58 PM
Well it sounds like it is time to get a pro.

Old 06-11-05, 08:03 PM
W
Nope that what this board is for the thing only has a blower ,blower relay,sequencer,capitor and transformer it can't be that hard

Old 06-11-05, 08:17 PM
Well are you sure that the thermostat wiring doesn't have a short. Thats what it sounds like to me.

Old 06-12-05, 04:52 AM
W
Yes I am thinking theblower relay is still shot and trying to dop in and out thus over heating transformer and taking it out. When I put in first transformer it ran constant then someone on here told me to smamk it . I did that and it cycled fin for a week .A day or so ago heard it thump while ruunning like the motor was coming back on and off but never realy slowed down( the blower speed) I was haveing a moisture problem can see where the condensation has been rolling over transformer and blower realay.
Man is it gonna be hot in here today anyone know where I can get a transformer in suday grainger is closed.

Btw I used awhite rodger unviseral transformer for the replacement

Old 06-12-05, 05:15 AM
W
UPDATE!! Me being a residental electrician assumed that i had 240 going to transformer in the first place you know what happens when assume somthing you make a as out of you and me. THe connections at furnace where not tight and one had poped out NO i did not wire it put they did use copper so no excuse for them some had a lazy helper
A/c is on and cooling it down

Old 06-13-05, 05:28 PM
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Wink

If you lose that many transformers have to ask are you useing a 40 or 50 Va for this ????

ED

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: