Good heat pump for Oregon north coast?

Old 09-27-05, 10:24 PM
Cold_and_Rainy
Visiting Guest
Good heat pump for Oregon north coast?

I want to install a pump in a small, 70 year old house (1000 square feet) on the north Oregon coast. Any recommendations for brand and size (in BTUs?)? If you've got one in a similar climate, what's the electrical cost running you in the winter? Any unexpected repairs. Thanks for any advice. I

Old 09-28-05, 06:12 AM
T
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Cold_and_Rainy

Do you have existing ductwork? If so, it should be inspected as far as size, condition, and insulation. Without knowing more about your home, you will need a minimum 2 ton system but this should be verified with a Manual J heat/cool load calculation.

It is my opinion that Trane/AM Std make the best and one of the most efficient heat pumps-very reliable. With a matching air handler, you will also get a 10 yr ltd warranty.

Operating costs vary depending on many factors including electrical rate, equipment size, and how insulated your home is but definitely a heat pump would be a good choice for an area like yours with a moderate climate. I would get an air handler with a var speed blower for better comfort.

My opinion.
Good LucK!

Old 09-28-05, 01:24 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Wink

Heat pumps are about all we sell now. But Id Go to
http://www.warmair.net first and compare fuel cost for up there where you are. You have to run a heat loss and AC load on a home to say how big the unit has tobe.

ED

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: