No heat or air

Old 10-23-05, 06:14 AM
rcisme
Visiting Guest
No heat or air

During the last days of the summer, my heat pump stopped cooling. Now that it's time for heat, it is not heating. The pump runs fine, but it is not heating or cooling. The last few days of the summer, I noticed water coming from the drain of the underhouse unit. Any suggestions? Thanks for the help! I am pretty proficient in testing electrical components, just don't know where to start.

Sponsored Links
Old 10-23-05, 07:01 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
When you say the pump is running are you refering to the outdoor unit ??

1st off make sure you've got a clean filter and none of the vents are covered or shut.

Is the indoor blower running ??

Old 10-23-05, 07:07 AM
rcisme
Visiting Guest
Yes, the outdoor unit is running, all of the vents are blowing air, but it is not hot for heat. And during the last few weeks of summer, the air wasn't cold that was blowing out. The filter is also new. Thanks.

Old 10-23-05, 07:24 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
At this point then I would suggest a pro look at it since it sounds like you are either low on refrigerant or having internal mechanical problems.

You should be able to use the emergency heat mode till you get it looked at.

Old 10-24-05, 05:42 AM
rcisme
Visiting Guest
Got it fixed myself, thanks.....

Old 10-25-05, 02:01 PM
Tony
Visiting Guest
No Heat or Air

I have a similar problem with my heat pump. Just recently it continued to run all day and night without shutting off so since it has been nice out we decided to turn of the main power to the pump and when we turned it back on we no longer get any heat or A/C. It still continues to run with the main power on but will not produce hot or cold air. The blower unit in the house still works fine. Any ideas?