Bryant heat stages

Old 12-07-05, 10:15 AM
A
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Bryant heat stages

I have a Bryant FA4A electric furance that is wired for emergency heat having all coils at 100% power. It was wired this way cause the old owners used a 2 wire mercury thermostat. Is it worth me running a 2 stage heat thermostat and re-connecting the wires on the PCB. Is the furnace more effecient running in stages.

Thanks

Old 12-07-05, 12:30 PM
Yes, if you are able to set up the t-stat to work with your system, then yes the staging will be better.

Will onlly put out so much heat as needed. Not a big blast at once.

Old 12-08-05, 05:45 AM
A
Thanks for the info. My current programmable thermostat I brought from my previous house only does stage 1 so I looking at buying the Bryant humidistat/thermostat and buying the Bryant humidifier to control it all at the same time. I beleive this thermostat can have up to 3 stages of heat.

One other question. In the service manual I have it says to activate stage 1 heat both W2T and Y energize at the same time. Does the thermostats with multiple stages have a Y on them or do I run a wire between these terminals. The next stage of heat they say W3 and W2T must energize for the proper amount of time which I would think the thermostat would control. Right now I have jumper on W3 and W2T for the emergency heat setting, but I will have to cut it to run 2 stages.

What's this outdoor thermostat stuff I keep seeing in the manual. Is this for the furnace to to know what the temp is outside?

Thanks for the help.
Alex

Old 12-08-05, 06:50 AM
I honestly have not worked on Bryant's heat pump or that t-stat you are talking about.. Most likely you will have to have a dealer put that in for you.

As for the otudoor sensor, it's for the heat pump. You can set ti to lock out at a temp where the heat pump is past it's balance point. (No longer able to heat the home when it gets so cold out.).

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: