Lights blinking 5 times on York Heat Pump Thermostat

Old 12-07-05, 07:16 PM
G
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Exclamation NO HEAT!!!! Lights blinking 5 times on York Heat Pump Thermostat

The light on my thermostat of my York Heat Pump is blinking 5 times. The fan is running, but there is no heat. Temperature dropped to 62 degrees when thermostat was set on 70 degrees. Can anyone tell me what it means when the light on the termostat is blinking 5 times in a row. I can't find my instruction booklet to my heat pump.

Last edited by gcwajc; 12-07-05 at 08:25 PM. Reason: add problem to title
Old 12-07-05, 10:18 PM
It maybe a fault code or telling you that there is something wrong with the HP unit outside.

have you tried shutting down the unit, and turn off the power to reset?

Old 12-08-05, 08:22 PM
G
Turned it off and it was okay for a few days

Yes, we turned the thermostat off and left it off for about 20-30 minutes and when we turned it back on it worked for a few days, but then the light started blinking again (5 times) and we turned it off again and then back on and it's working again.

Since this is happening every week or so, any idea what would make it do that?

Old 12-08-05, 09:48 PM
I would contact your York dealer and see what they say..

Old 11-26-07, 08:20 PM
H
The light on my York thermostat Heat Pump is blinking 5 times

I am expierencing the same problem as gcwajc: The light on my thermostat of my York Heat Pump is blinking 5 times. The fan is running, but there is no heat. Temperature dropped to 62 degrees when thermostat was set on 70 degrees. Can anyone tell me what it means when the light on the termostat is blinking 5 times in a row. The unit is about 20 years old and I cannot read the serial numbers.

I turned the thermostat off and left it off for about 20-30 minutes and turned it back on it worked for a few days, but then the light started blinking again (5 times). So it is working intermittenly.

Anyone know where I can find the york error codes? I called York, that won't give me any info without a technican coming out for a service call.

Old 11-27-07, 09:10 AM
G
Lights blinking 5 times on York

A technician came out and determined the unit was low on freon and charged the system and that took care of the problem. Glad to hear your heat pump lasted 20 years. We've had a lot of trouble with our unit, blown motors, etc. Good luck.

Old 11-27-07, 09:45 AM
H
Thank you very much. I have a feeling that might be my problem also as I had to charge the unit for the AC in the spring....

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: