Thermostat wiring? Honeywell Pro 8000

Old 12-13-05, 04:51 PM
lutzgym
Visiting Guest
Thermostat wiring? Honeywell Pro 8000

I have an early 80s? coleman evcon heat pump and electric furnace. I recently purchased a new thermostat and figured it would be a breeze installing. It wasnt for me!! I have 8 wires coming out of the wall
white, green, orange, black, blue, red, yellow, brown

And in the thermostat housing (honeywell pro 8000)
I have the following for the heat pump side
Y2 RC
L R
E O/B
AUX Y
S1 G
S2 C
not sure really what to do. Any help or suggestions other than call a pro?

Old 12-13-05, 07:05 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
I take it you did NOT take notes on what wire went where on the old t-stat???

tsk tsk..

This below what I can do so far. you will have to go to the air hander itself and find out what wires goes to where.

RC Jumper to R -Red

E

O/B

AUX

Y- Yellow

G- Green

C

Old 12-19-05, 07:25 PM
The White wire is usually first stage heat (S1) Orange is usually reversing valve (O/B), Blue is usually common (C), Black is em heat LED (E), Red is 24 volts (R &RC with jumper), Yellow is compressor (Y), Green is blower (G), Brown could be second stage heat (S2)

Please be advised that these are only suggestions as to how many units are wired. If you get 2 wires wrong, you will then be forced to call a tech. You may be able to take the cover off of the indoor unit and read the wire color and terminal designation and get everything right. You might consider just calling a tech and having them finish the installation for you. That is an awesome thermostat and there is some setup that you will need to do to make it function properly even after it is wired properly.

Ken

Old 12-19-05, 09:49 PM
Ken

FYI.. S1 and S2 is outdoor sensor! NOT heat.. It should be W1 and W2

Old 12-20-05, 04:48 AM
Thanks Jay. You are right. The best way to get it right without damaging anything at all would be to have a tech ring out thew wiring between the heat pump and the stat location and have them also setup the thermostat. Sorry for the wrong info.

Ken

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: