kickspace heater

Old 02-12-06, 08:32 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
kickspace heater

Seems to me that kickspace heaters are a great way to heat a cold room that doesn't get as warm as the rest of my house. Not only would the heater warm the room from the bottom up, it would also warm the floors. Right? It also seems to me that most applications are in bathrooms, but why couldn't I use on in other rooms of the house? Thanks for your opinions.

Sponsored Links
Old 02-14-06, 01:44 PM
why couldn't I use on in other rooms of the house?
As long as you have a kick-space, you can. They are not quite as powerful as you might think. About equivalent to a portable space heater. Be aware that electric kick-space units usually need a dedicated circuit.

Doug M.

Old 02-14-06, 07:34 PM
o.k. i'm from the south, but what is a "kick space" heater?
is it what most people call a baseboard heater?
barry

Old 02-15-06, 07:56 AM
is it what most people call a baseboard heater?
Not if the OP and I are talking about the same thing. A kick-space heater goes under a bottom cabinet in the "kick space" or "toe space". It's fan forced and available as an add-on to a hydronic system or as a standalone electric unit. The hydronic units need connection to electricity in order to operate the fan, which is usually activated by a thermostat that detects heat in the coils when the circulator of the main system is running. An electric unit has it's own thermostat.

Doug M.

Old 02-15-06, 08:02 AM
Let me also add that I'm in the South too and I looked at these to put under the cabinets along the outside wall of our kitchen to provide a little extra heat and warm what can be a very cold tile floor. I figured I'd need 3 of them and by the time I added up the expense for dedicated wiring, and calculated the increase in the utility bill, a pair of slippers for each member of the family turned out to be a much better deal.

Doug M.