gOODMAN 13 SEER PACKAGE HEATPUMP

Old 02-15-06, 01:01 PM
T
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
gOODMAN 13 SEER PACKAGE HEATPUMP

h0W WOULD YOU RATE A GOODMAN 13 SEER PACKAGE HEATPUMP

Last edited by tracy; 02-15-06 at 10:22 PM.
Sponsored Links
Old 02-15-06, 02:19 PM
T
tracy

You are speaking of a package type heat pump or a split type system? What is model? What is size and rated HSPF(heating) and SEER(cooling) for this size? I admit I don't care for Goodman products as they are sold more on price than quality. Besides the product itself, Goodman sells to anyone and their brother and installation issues compound the product quality.

My opinion.

Old 02-18-06, 10:39 AM
T
Wink

Yea, Goodman heat pumps are supposed to be of lesser quality allthough, My new home came with a 3 ton Goodman 13 Years ago and with the exception of needing a new defroster board 1 time...It lasted problem free until last month when the compressor died in it . The temps here in southern middle TN dont get real bad (Mostly above 35-40 degree's during winter). I Bought another Goodman 12 Seer 3 Ton pckg unit (Model: PHKJ036-1C) to replace it (Crosses fingers) which came with a 10Yr warranty on all parts and Compressor and a new RobertShaw thermostat. The new 13 Seer Goodmans only have a 5yr parts and compressor warranty and the 12 Seer units were a better price and selling out fast! Contractors around here are buying them up quick also! As of Jan 26th 2006, Only 13 Seer Goodman units can be manufactured and sold due to the new energy bill that was signed so when the supply of 12 Seer units have been sold out, 13 Seer and above is your only option. Bottom line, It's your choice..I Had good luck with my 1st Goodman 3 ton pckg unit and I gave them another shot at it. with a 10 yr warranty and a very good price. Only time will tell if luck strikes twice for me and Goodman?

Last edited by TNMike; 02-18-06 at 10:57 AM.
Old 07-18-06, 10:56 AM
Z
Thinking about A Goodman heatpump.

Old 07-18-06, 11:24 AM
If properly installed, properly sized, and properly maintained it will serve you well.

Old 07-18-06, 01:16 PM
Wink

You get what you pay for. If you will be in the home for 10 years or more GO FOR THE GOOD STUFF. A V/S unit that has a SEER of 15 or better and a HSPF of 8 or better on the heatpump. it will sure pay you back the way fuel cost are going . Stay with R22 for now .It will be made till 2030.

ED