Heat Pump Fans Keep Running

Old 02-23-06, 01:48 PM
S
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Heat Pump Fans Keep Running

With the package unit not running I will kick up the thermostat. Unit comes on and will heat fine but when it reaches the appropriate temp both blower fan and fan on unit keep on running but blows cold air now. If I push thermostat back down everything will shut off. Recent preventive maint. check said everything was ok so I'm assuming compressor is ok. Any ideas? Thank you

Old 02-23-06, 03:03 PM
C
not enough info to make an intellagent diagnosis.You called your unit a package unit.Is the entire unit outside,or are you calling the heat pump a package unit.If you have an air handler in the house or crawl space then you do not have a package unit.Not trying to insult,just trying to get info correct.How long will the unit run before it stops providing heat?Is your fan switch at the thermostat set to on or auto?Any more information will help.

Old 02-23-06, 07:17 PM
B
yeah, what carrier said, but in addition anything about the system would be helpful.
the more info you give us the better info we can give you, you can not begin to bore us with details of what you have.

barry

Old 02-24-06, 04:20 AM
S
Fans Running

The heat pump is a package with the whole unit outside. The fan is on auto. I don't have an idea when it starts to run cool but it will definitely heat the house in a reasonable amount of time. if I don't physically turn down the thermastat it just runs and runs and runs like the pink rabbit. When I turn it down I can see that the mercury ball is off to the right and moves over to the left as soon as I push back the stick. Thank you

Old 02-27-06, 07:49 AM
S
Originally Posted by brentwoodpmg
yeah, what carrier said, but in addition anything about the system would be helpful.
the more info you give us the better info we can give you, you can not begin to bore us with details of what you have.

barry
The heat pump is a package with the whole unit outside. The fan is on auto. I don't have an idea when it starts to run cool but it will definitely heat the house in a reasonable amount of time. if I don't physically turn down the thermastat it just runs and runs and runs like the pink rabbit. When I turn it down I can see that the mercury ball is off to the right and moves over to the left as soon as I push back the stick. Thank you

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: