wiring Honeywell Vision Pro 8000 - TH832OU1008

Old 04-04-06, 12:44 PM
Y
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
wiring Honeywell Vision Pro 8000 - TH832OU1008

Hi, I'm new here and need some help. I'm trying to replace my old thermo with Honeywell Vision Pro 8000 - TH832OU1008. The old one has W2 and W3 terminals. I'm not sure how to wire them to the new one. Should they be connected to AUX and E? Thanks.

Old 04-05-06, 12:38 PM
jhig1961
Visiting Guest
Yes, W2 to Aux W3 E

Old 04-05-06, 05:36 PM
Y
Thanks. Could you or some else verify my connections before I power everything on?

Old Honeywell
T874/Q674L wire Visionpro 8000

O--------orange------O/B
W3-------black-------E
Y--------yellow-------Y
W2-------white-------AUX
G---------green------G
R----------red--------RC/R(jumped)
X----------blue-------C

Old 04-06-06, 06:18 PM
Looks like it's set up right.

Make sure in your advance set up it's set up to match your system.

Old 04-03-08, 08:26 PM
T
Almost the same setup as the original poster...can someone help me set this up?

So my before and after is the same as this original poster. My system is a 1H/1C heat pump with an emergency heat setting. The user manual doesn't seem to have instructions for this type of setup. In the original thermostat, the E and W2 pins were jumped together, and I found some instructions in the new thermostat manual that said if there was no emergency heat to jump the E with the AUX, so thats what I did.

I used similar wiring:

O--------orange------O/B

Y--------yellow-------Y
E\W2-------white-------E\AUX (jumped)
G---------green------G
R----------red--------RC/R(jumped)
X----------blue-------C

Hopefully this makes sense. The heating and the fan do work. (Haven'tt tested cooling yet). My question is...how do I configure the device to handle the emergency heat? I tried configuring it as 2H/1C w/ aux heat but it seems like since all I have is emergency heat this isn't really the setup that I want...

Thanks!

Old 04-04-08, 04:33 PM
Originally Posted by timetwosave View Post
The user manual doesn't seem to have instructions for this type of setup.
The dealer hook this up, or you put this in?

There should be an Install Manual to show you the set up menu.

Did you do #170 to 7?

My question is...how do I configure the device to handle the emergency heat? I tried configuring it as 2H/1C w/ aux heat but it seems like since all I have is emergency heat this isn't really the setup that I want...
As long you got 170 to 7, and what is the room temp and set point set at?

Old 04-04-08, 05:40 PM
T
Thanks for responding Jay! Sorry for not being more clear, I did put this in myself. Setting 170 to #7 was my first reaction, but when I did this and then immediately cranked up the temperature setting to test the heat, I saw the "aux heat" turn on. (In order to test this, the inside temp was 73 and I cranked up the set point to like 76 just to see what would happen.) Since I don't really have aux heat (just emergency heat), this didn't seem to be what I want. Its my understanding that emergency heat is very different from 2 stage heating, and really should only be used in emergencies.

So right now I have 170 set to #2. I am hoping that I have the correct understanding about how my system is configured (1H/1C w/ emergency heat)...i'm just going by what buttons were available on the old thermostat (just heat, cool, em. heat, and off).

Let me know if I can give you any more info, this is my first time doing this if you can't tell...

Old 04-04-08, 06:57 PM
Just set the settings back to 7 on 170, and what is happing when you crank the heat up higher than room temp, the stat turns on the aux/em heat right away thinking the heat pump can't keep up.

Just set up everything to my suggested settings, and let the system run on it's own..

settings..

170 - 7
200 - 0
220 to 270 - 3
280 - 1 (If you want night light, or see stat display all times)
340 - Do you have an outdoor sensor on it?

I would not advise to use set back in heating mode, unless you got an outdoor sensor.

Old 04-04-08, 07:51 PM
T
Wow, so what you are saying is that I should leave the temperature constant during winter? (I think this is what you are talking about when you say set back right?)

I did some searches and yes, they say for heat pumps you shouldn't be changing the temperature. Now I kind of feel dumb for buying a programmable thermostat.

Anyhow, are you saying that the outdoor sensor for this unit actually does any more than just display the outside temperature? I couldn't find any information about the unit saying that it uses the temperature to save you money. Likewise, does the indoor sensor tell the unit when to kick in the fan? (because that would be really cool)

Thanks for all the help!

Old 04-04-08, 07:59 PM
if you read page 11 on the install manual, it'll tell you what you can do with the outdoor senor.

I would advise you to get one, that way you can "lock out" the aux heat in mild days.

don't feel bad about getting this stat, it's one of th best stats out there made by Honeywell. YOu'll be very please with this stat.. I've owned this stat before I upgraded myself to the IAQ model.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: