ultra-fin radiant heat

Old 04-08-06, 06:52 AM
W
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
ultra-fin radiant heat

Has anybody heard of the ultra-fin radiant heat product? A heating wholesaler recommended I install this product in my house and I am unfamiliar with it. The website (www.ultra-fin.com) says it is more efficient, easier to install, and more compatible with different floor types than a conventional radiant heat system. Any thoughts? Should this product be more economical to install than conventional radiant heat? Thanks so much for your help.

Old 07-06-10, 06:49 AM
J
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Resurrecting an ancient thread, but would like the same question answered. I am converting my house from steam to hydronic heat (partly DIY, partly contracted project), and would really like radiant floor heating, especially in the bathroom. Since I'm not redoing the bathroom itself, pouring a thin slab isn't really an option. The bathroom floor is ceramic tile.

Ultra-fin seems to have 2 big advantages for my situation - can be used with the existing floor, and operates on the same 180F water that the baseboards in the rest of the house will use - so no need for mixing and dealing multiple water temps.

After reading the manufacturer literature, I'm actually wondering if this might not be a good option for the rest of the house, as well...

Anyone have experience (good/bad) with this approach?

PS - probably belongs in a different category, but I can't figure out how to delete my reply. Moderators, could you move this thread to the "Boilers - Home Heating Steam and Hot Water Systems" forum?

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: