Trane XE1000 outside unit not working

Old 07-17-06, 10:58 AM
C
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Trane XE1000 outside unit not working

My Trane XE1000 outside unit is not working- but there are no obvious problems such as blown fuses for the unit, breakers in the house, the inside unit is not frozen, it does appear that unit is getting power. The fan spins freely when pushed by hand but doesn't go on its own, it makes a noise but there is no burning electrical smell which would imply that the motor is binding up. What other things can I troubleshoot at this point? The earliest a repairman can get here is 2 days from now and it is supposed to be 95 degrees!
Thanks for any help!

Old 07-17-06, 09:22 PM
B
had one of these last week. if you remove the cover,(at the heat pump) are the contactors pulled in( it's a device that closes to allow power to be sent to the compressor, fan, sort of like a light switch) ?
is the fan/blower inside working? there is a capasiter @ the heat pump, is it bulging or leaking fliud? does the board have a green
light blinking ? as it was with me last week it was the contactor the was full of ants that did not allow the current to flow to operate the heatpump. hope that this may be your solution .
let us know.
barry

Old 07-18-06, 09:00 AM
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Wink

If you know electric and have a meter you can start checking out what has power and what dont. Like said does the contactor have 24V to it?
If it pulls in does 220 V go out from it. And for sure look for the D@m ants in the contactor and relays .

ED

Old 09-12-07, 05:48 PM
M
Replace your capacitor by the same one and you should be good to go...

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: