Replacing Electric Baseboard Heaters


Old 09-06-06, 12:02 PM
Thread Starter
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 30
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Replacing Electric Baseboard Heaters

Hello Everyone,
I'm replacing two electric baseboards in my condo. I'm looking for advice on where to buy the heaters. Here's what I need:

1x 60" Baseboard 240v (I think) connected to in-wall thermostat.

1x 30" baseboard (Don't know voltage) with a thermostat on the face of the heater.

I'm having a hard time finding one that has a built in thermostat. Help!

Thank you!
Sponsored Links
Old 09-06-06, 04:04 PM
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Wet side of Washington state.
Posts: 18,495
Received 35 Votes on 27 Posts
Oftentimes the unit-mounted thermostat is an accessory add-on to a standard baseboard. Certainly easier to install but less responsive to the room temperature.
Old 09-06-06, 09:06 PM
Thread Starter
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 30
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the response! I just need to replace a unit that has it on there already and I don't want to install a t-stat in the room.

Do you have any recommendations on a) Where to find the heater + add on adjustment knob and b) how to find the voltage of the heaters?

Thank you!
Old 09-06-06, 09:21 PM
Ed Imeduc's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Mountain Williams Missouri
Posts: 18,386
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts

Might try Grainger if you can buy from them. But like said the "unit-mount tstat" you buy it by itself to go on the base board heater .
They have Qmark and Fahrenheat
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Ask a Question
Question Title:
Your question will be posted in: