UPM Programmable Line Thermostat

Old 11-01-06, 10:05 PM
J
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Angry UPM Programmable Line Thermostat

I purchased an UPM Programmable Thermostat - HTM311A - for use with an electric King 240V Wall Heater - DEC2422. When I install it (inline series in a 240V - 30amp circuit) the thermostat never turns the heater on. It is supposed to have a fireplace ICON which never comes on. If I manually connect the two input wires to the thermostat, the heater runs properly.

The face has 3 readouts - time, room temp and set temp. When I advance the set temp and reach 2บ over room temp, the horizontal lines between the readouts flash but the fireplace ICON never appears and the heater never turns on.

Has anyone had experience with this thermostat? What do the flashing horizontal lines mean? What could be my problem? Any suggestions?

jimhorn1

Old 11-12-06, 02:45 PM
Similar experience

Originally Posted by jimhorn1
I purchased an UPM Programmable Thermostat - HTM311A - for use with an electric King 240V Wall Heater - DEC2422. When I install it (inline series in a 240V - 30amp circuit) the thermostat never turns the heater on. It is supposed to have a fireplace ICON which never comes on. If I manually connect the two input wires to the thermostat, the heater runs properly.

The face has 3 readouts - time, room temp and set temp. When I advance the set temp and reach 2บ over room temp, the horizontal lines between the readouts flash but the fireplace ICON never appears and the heater never turns on.

Has anyone had experience with this thermostat? What do the flashing horizontal lines mean? What could be my problem? Any suggestions?

jimhorn1
I have had a similar experience and would really appreciate any insights. The only logical solution is that the "switch" inside the thermostat doesn't work for some reason. It isn't 'switching'. My interpretation is that the flashing horizontal lines is the computer inside the thermostat indicating that it is trying to flick the switch.

I'm going to take a crack at the help line tomorrow.

Old 11-13-06, 09:49 AM
Mystery Solved

I talked to the help line and was told that flashing lines mean that the unit is toast: blown fuse or something. It could have happened in shipping or during installation. I got the impression that they are pretty fragile. I was told to take it back.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: