Help with Hydro-Air Heating and Thermostats

Old 11-11-06, 03:25 PM
R
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Question Help with Hydro-Air Heating and Thermostats

I live in a new townhouse and it was installed with Hydro-Air Heat. A diagram of it can be found here: http://www.bio-radiant.com/HydroAirFR.html

The system orginally came with cheap thermostats which I have replaced with programable thermostats. There are basically two zones. Upstairs/Downstairs. I have the downstairs working perfectly. The upstairs is not working at all.

It seems that it should be very striaght forward. Wires are (G) to fan, (RH) to heat power & (W) to Heat. (RC) and (RH) are jumped at the thermostat. There are also three white wires connected together in the box which are the second wire from each of the (RH), (W), & (G)

I think what may be causing me some confusion is that it looks like the (RH) & (W) wires are run in parallel to the four thermostats upstairs. Same downstairs. Best I can tell is that the two red wires are (W) and the two black wires are (RH) And then the single wire Black is to the fan (G).

Everything worked before and now I get nothing. Some of the thoughts I have are....
Does the circuit need to be complete or it will not work? If I have one theremostat missed wired all of them will not work?
When I test without wires hooked to the thermostat I get voltage when I connect the tester to what I believe is the (RH) & (W)
I would think that if I jump either (RH) or (W) to the (G) it should power the fan, but this is not the case.
I almost think I have blown the transformer or something, but I am not even sure this system has a transformer. I am doing everything the same as downstairs and the downstairs is working and the upstairs is not.

Please any help would be greatly appreciated. The people that orginally installed the system are saying two weeks to come out with Thanksgiving. It is cold and I would like to get my heating up and running. Of course the downstairs is working and the upstairs where we sleep is not working.

Old 11-11-06, 04:13 PM
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Wink

Do you have a wire lay out of the set up there? I went to that www you gave and I see the tstat are 110V ?????????
Are the pipes to the upstairs hot ??????
Do you have zone valves ?? Does each zone have its own pump????
Whats with the timer on the pump????

The three white wires can be common.
Are the programable thermostats set right for what you have ??????
If you put the old tstat back on does it work??

Old 11-11-06, 04:27 PM
R
>>Do you have a wire lay out of the set up there? >I went to that www you gave and I see the tstat are 110V ????????? >Are the pipes to the upstairs hot ??????>Do you have zone valves ?? Does each zone have its own pump???? Whats with the timer on the pump????>The three white wires can be common.>Are the programable thermostats set right for what you have ??????>If you put the old tstat back on does it work??

Old 11-11-06, 04:59 PM
Wink

Any " GOOD "tech should be able to get you going. You need a schematic of the wire lay out. But if some one is there they can ring it out get it working for you .

ED

Old 11-11-06, 05:08 PM
R
Talking

What is that saying about if it works don't try to fix it? Well not sure if just needed a few minutes to reset or what, but it is now working. I am not going to ask to many questions, but it would be nice to understand why it is working now and not earlier when I made no changes what so ever.

Anyways it seems to be working working now. Keeping the fingers crossed that it will stay that way.

Thanks for the help.

Old 11-11-06, 05:14 PM
Wink

The lay out on that www you have showed the pump with a timer on it????????? Id look into that

ED

Old 11-11-06, 05:29 PM
Wink

That www you had in your post. I just went to the company name that was on it . This is what I found . YOU MIGHT TAKE A LOOK at it.

http://bioradiant.com/index.html

ED

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: