Heatpumpworks/hotwater thru exchanger doesnt! why?

Old 12-03-06, 11:36 AM
W
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Heatpumpworks/hotwater thru exchanger doesnt! why?

images here:
http://www.flickr.com/gp/26238289@N00/3Y576X

My hot water works for the rest of the house. Shouldn't the town water pump it thru the system? Is there a pump? Could my house thermostat not be working right?(It does say emergency and the red light comes on, and the blower starts, but all that comes thru is air that is not warm.)

3 years and i have already changed the a solenoid in the heatpump, the fan in the airhandler and now this...groan

I am not very knowledgeable but I have friends and family that might be able to help if I can get a direction in which to go..
Thanks all!
Wally

Old 12-03-06, 07:26 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wink

I dont think you have a heat pump there. It looks like one of the setups that just use a hot water heater. For hot water to a blower coil unit. like all that you have replaced on it. there has been others here that have had just about the same luck with theirs. One party found out that the company went under that made them. That is a pump on the unit there . does it run ???? Can you feel the pipe by it is it hot???

Old 12-04-06, 04:25 AM
W
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
yeah there is a heat pump

but i didnt take a picture of it. this is the emergency system. The thing on the water heater..thats the pump? i will check if the pipes are warm,,
wally

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: