Wiring Help - White-Rodgers to Honeywell

Old 12-04-06, 07:56 AM
S
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Wiring Help - White-Rodgers to Honeywell

I bought a Honeywell 7400 to replace an older White-Rodgers two stage heat pump thermostat. The wiring on the White Rodgers was R, O, Y, G, X1, E, and W2. For the new Honeywell I have wired it as follows:

Alternate Wiring for Heat Pumps Only:
Wire port desc. and actual wire on new honeywell
RC (or R) - None
R (or V or VR) - R
O/B (or H or B) - O
Y (or Y1 or M) - Y
G (or F) - G
C (or X or B) - X1
L (or F) - None
E (or X or X2) - E
Aux - (or W or W1 or W2) - W2

Currently the only thing that works is the fan. No heat. The compressor outside does not turn on. I have seen this question asked in previous post with the same old/new thermostat but the post did not provide solution. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Old 12-04-06, 11:11 AM
Wink

Do you have that jumper in from R to RC??? I have no X1 on any of my WR schematic

Old 12-05-06, 07:58 AM
S
Wiring White Rodgers to Honeywell Digital

Yes - I did have the jumper between R and RC (thanks for the suggestion). Hopefully this post finds its way to help one person someday. The fix was a Honeywell programming fix that I did not have in the instrauctions - they were given to me when I called the tech support (they were not opened Sunday). I will detail the problem and fix here for future searches.

Old Thermostat White Rodgers 2 Stage Heat Pump Manual
Wires R, O, Y, G, X1, E, and W2.
New thermostat Honeywell 7400 Digital (capable of 2 stage)
Wired:R to R, O to O/B, Y to Y, G to G, X1 to C, E to E, and W2 to AUX.

This wiring was confirmed correct by the Honeywell tech support. I was then given the following instructions which magically made everything work:
Go to the Installer Setup by hitting the System and Fan button - next -
Press and hold the middle button - next -
0120 will come up go to the next one
0170 will come up change value to 7 go to next one
0190 will come up change value to 0 go to next one
0240 (this is either 0240 or 0270 or similar - it's the last choice...he had a very strong middle eastern accent so it was hard to understand him) will come up change value to 9 finished
I was told "that should work". It did. I have had heat since last night which was a good thing. First night it has gotten cold (below 30). Perfect timing!

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: