heat pump troubles

Old 12-05-06, 12:11 PM
S
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Unhappy heat pump troubles

I have a marine ac/heat pump model SXR12. taylor made enviromental or cruisair witch ever you prefer. In the cooling mode they unit starts and dtraws approx. 26 amps for maybe 1/2 second then drops off to normal 8-10 amps as it should. checking the charge in cooling the discharge is approx. 15 # higher than expected. When the unit is started in the heat mode the reversing valve has a chatter to it and the starting amps last 2-4 seconds. the suction pressure is normal but the discharge pressure is 70 - 80# high than expected. The unit is seawater cooled. I'm thinking that the reversing valve is not shifting fully. Any checks that can be done would be appreciated

Old 12-05-06, 04:10 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Wink

You don t say how old it is. Check the wire schenatic most all unit now land or sea. Have the 4 way valve in heat mode and it has to work to go into AC mode. Dont know how long you have ran it. I know down in the VI we had to clean the water coils about every 6 months.
Again dont know the wire set up. But most of the time you can just jump R to O /or/B and just the 4 way should work. Again check the wire layout you have.

ED have a good one Im RAG MAN

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: