Help, what system setup do I have???

Old 12-18-06, 08:54 AM
H
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Help, what system setup do I have???

I just bought a Honeywell RTH7400 thermostat. It the set up it asks what the system setup is. There are 10 options to choose from. I have in narrowed down to the 4 below..

7. Multi stage heat pump: Heat pump with backup or aux heating.

8. Conventional multi stage system: 2 heat stages (wires on W and W2), 2 cooling stages (wires on Y and Y2)

9. Conventional multi stage system: 2 heat stages (wires on W and W2), 1 cooling stage (wire on Y).

10. Conventional multi stage system: 1 heat stage (wire on W), 2 cooling stages (wires on Y and Y2)

All I know is that I have an air handler in the attic and a heat pump outside. I dont know if it's 1 stage, 2 stage or if it has aux heat. Which type do I choose?

Model # of air handler NFCX3600C1
Style # FCX3600C

Both units are made by International comfort product corp. (tempstar 12)

Heat pump model # NHP230AKA1

Old 12-18-06, 10:17 AM
What is the model of the old stat and check the wiring on it and tell us what terminals are on the old stat and what is hooked to each terminal "color wise and letter on terminal"

Old 12-19-06, 08:10 AM
H
Smile

Originally Posted by mattison
What is the model of the old stat and check the wiring on it and tell us what terminals are on the old stat and what is hooked to each terminal "color wise and letter on terminal"

Not sure what brand name the original t-stat is, it doesn't say.

It's wired as follows:

White - W2 & E
Orange - O
Green - G
Red - The terminal is not labeled,but it goes straight to the selector switch (Cool, off, heat, emer)
Yellow - Y
Blue - C

Old 12-21-06, 05:20 PM
H
Red face

Anybody? My family is freezing. I need this thing set up. We have two space heaters, but its still cold.

Old 12-22-06, 06:00 AM
J
It appears your system is multi stage heat pump. Option 7 on your list. Follow the instructions on the stat. Based on the info you provided I would connect as follows:

red to R terminal

white wire is your electric backup heat and emergency heat - this should connect to W2 and E.

Blue to C
Yellow to Y
Green to G
Orange to O

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: