M
mjb
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Arrow Scroll Compressor Pulsating/Hum Vibration

A-5 Ton Heatpump

B-Compressor emits PULSATING/HUM VIBRATION

C-HVAC Tech initiated remedies:

1- Replaced Sroll Compressor under warranty.
2- Ensured Refrigerant Lines not contacting any part of structure.
3- Ensured proper duct sizing.

D-Still experiencing vibration through the walls.

I decided to look at the system myself, and discovered that the Refrigerant Discharge Line is resting on the corner of the compressor unit. Could this be a source of added vibration? I am aware that Scroll Compressors emit vibrations to a degree. But this damn unit is vibrating through the walls.

Old 12-30-06, 08:22 AM
S
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
If you're detecting vibration, or vibration sounds, within the structure, some part of the equipment is most likely, in contact with the structure...the times I've seen the occurrence was most often due to the tubing in contact with the structure members...recommended practices usually include "vibration isolators" for equipment and ducting, though you don't always see them in use, and their absence usually doesn't lead to noise problems. You'll need to do some "detective" work in an attempt to locate the source of vibration. And the problem could be simply sound transmission, without any structure contact...best I can do, with the given info...

Old 12-30-06, 01:04 PM
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Wink

Might also check and see no shipping blocks under the compressor. I dont like the Sroll Compressor . Try not to sell them. Is the freon charge ok?? Not over charged???

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: