Heating type

Old 01-04-07, 07:54 PM
J
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Heating type

So i was thinking that it might be nice to put a few lights in my celing but i dont know if i can cut a hole in it here is why. In our house there is an electric heating system built into the celing. our house is about 30 years old and i was wondering what type of heating systen this might be. A guy once explaned it as being a tape around the border and a thick paint like coating or somthing like that. Well i was just wondering if any one might be abale to help me figer out what type of system we have. The thermasates whitch are in each room say U.S.G electric celing heat but that is all i know right now. Thanks.

Old 01-04-07, 09:29 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wink

There are about 4 different kind of that cable set up you could have. In your home. Id say you are doing good. By now most have had a wire get cut one way or the other and the whole room is then with out heat. I think we have taken all the homes with that here and put in a heatpump.
If you want to keep on with that type of heat. DONT CUT ANY HOLES IN THE CEILING any place. You might look into a heat pump. For electric heat the pump cost less to run .

A guy once explaned it as being a tape around the border and a thick paint like coating or somthing like that.

Well kind of like that the wire can be in the drywall or on it and it will like zig zag all over the ceiling. With a skim coat over it

Old 01-04-07, 10:49 PM
J
That is more what i invisend it as looking. that guy dosent always know what he is talking about. So what is a heat pump and how might this be a more efichent system to me. so theres know way to put a hole in without desterbing it.

Old 01-04-07, 11:36 PM
Wink

A heatpump will heat and cool your home. Also with a heatpump when it is on heat it should heat you home for about a 1/3 less electric down to about 30oF outside temp. Then as it got colder out electric cost would be about like you pay now.
Dont cut any hole in the ceiling

Old 01-05-07, 09:49 AM
J
Well that might be nice right now we dont even have an air condiciner. But how much might a unit like this cost? And cuild we put one in our seves. Do we need duct work we dont have any right know. Thanks agin

Old 01-05-07, 07:03 PM
Wink

Call a heating and cooling company and have them give you a bid there. Get 3 bids for the job.

Old 01-05-07, 07:30 PM
J
Well off the top of you head what do you think it wuild be $100-$500 or $1000-$2000 are the expensive.

Old 01-05-07, 09:01 PM
$6000 to $8000 for basic and up to twice that for super efficient systems. There are a lot of things to consider. Especially if the system is going in the attic. Duct leakage is a no-no.

Ken

Old 01-06-07, 08:13 AM
J
Thats a prety penny but ill keep that system in mined if we ever decide to upgrad are heting and want air to.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: