Nordyne Electric Heat Pump

Old 01-11-07, 04:51 PM
P
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nordyne Electric Heat Pump

Hello All.
I have been battling a problem with my heat pump for 2 months now. I have had someone out to the house and now he has diagnosed the issue as a defrost board problem on the outside unit. The outside unit is a Nordyne. The board has a number on it:"Nordyne P/N 624608-0". I assume this is the part number for it. I have been looking for a replacement for it but to no avail. Does anyone know what would be a compatible replacement for this board?

Old 01-12-07, 10:47 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wink

I show for the Nordyne #624 a ICM319C defrost board
might look it up

Old 01-12-07, 12:43 PM
P
The guy who diagnosed it has a ICM320C Board. Do you think this would work?
I spoke with a nordyne dealer and they said there is a new part number for the board and it is 917178. He also said any board made for Nordyne is inter changable with all Nordyen Machines. Didn't matter commercial or residential or size of the unit they all use the 917178 defrost board.

Old 01-12-07, 12:56 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wink

Dont know cant say:

That ICM320C shows only for a Carrier in my books.

Old 01-17-07, 06:33 PM
T
I have an ICM 320 in my condensor (which is a Nordyne)...do a quick matchup here for the right card:
http://www.icmcontrols.com/products/category.php?cat_pk=3

Tim

Old 01-20-07, 10:26 PM
P
More help needed

Well so much for the board idea. Broke down and bought the replacement board. It did not fix the problem. We found a couple other issues though. The thermostat wire going out to the unit was cut in a few spots...replaced that. Thermostat looks like it wqas not hooked up right...fixed that.. The problem I am having now is.... the outside unit won't start. I now have aux heat, which we did not have working before (the thermostat hook up fixed it.) The inside blower will cycle with the aux heat, but when it calls for the outside unit it does not kick it on. I have 240 V on the main contacter, and 24 volts on the red wire on the board. But it still wont start the unit... Any ideas?

Please Help.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: