heat pump going out?

Old 01-12-07, 01:14 PM
O
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Unhappy heat pump going out?

When interior unit runs on "heat pump" setting, outside unit does not kick in. Had a red indicator light come on the thermostat Monday - switched to furnace setting - but only emerg heat works. We are having to use spaces heaters in the midst of freezing temps outside! Need help troubleshooting. Thanks!

Old 01-12-07, 01:40 PM
Wink

First that EME should heat the home just fine.
but only emerg heat works. We are having to use spaces heaters in the midst of freezing temps outside!
WHY. Are air filter clean???? What is back up heat ???

What does the outdoor unit do or try. Do you have 220V to it??? Do you have 24V to it and calling at the contactor. Does the fan run??? Or try?????

You have a lot to look at and check here.

Old 01-12-07, 03:47 PM
O
Question figured problem out but more questions

Went to a website you suggested in another thread - warmair.net - I think - Tried heat pump trouble shooting and sure enough it was the little button on the outside unit - heats just fine now. We are going to have someone come out and service soon, have a funny feeling it has never been serviced. Older manufactured home with 1989 unit (Rheem outside and Intertherm inside). Have an idea where the air filters are? I have looked and have yet to see any or even a place for an air filter!

Old 01-12-07, 03:56 PM
Wink

1989 unit (Rheem outside and Intertherm inside). Have an idea where the air filters are? I have looked and have yet to see any or even a place for an air filter! Did you look in the unit by the blower
Find the air filter for sure. If not be sure and check the blower and see if its clean. I hate to think what the coil can look like. With out the filter.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: