fan works, heat does not

Old 01-12-07, 11:11 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
fan works, heat does not

I'm freezing! It's 1 degree here in Denver, and my furnace is not doing its job...

I replaced the thermostat. I changed the air filter... Some heat comes out sometimes, but I need to manually turn the thermostat on and off to get that result. I have the thermostat set to 82 degrees, and the furnace only kicks on when I manually turn it off and back on. And then it only warms up from about 55 to 61 degrees... ugh.

Suggestions? Thanks! I have a Trane furnace that's probably 11-12 years old.

-E

Sponsored Links
Old 01-12-07, 11:33 PM
Wink

You say furnace ???? is it a heat pump ???If so have you put it on EME heat???? Does the out side unit run or try to run? At 1o Id say the inside elements should come on for you.
I replaced the thermostat. did you wire it right????

Old 01-13-07, 05:08 AM
Normally on a gas furnace turning it off then back on is re-setting a safety switch. When is the last time it was cleaned and safety inspected ??
Like Ed said post the type of heat you have there ??

Old 01-28-07, 08:08 PM
Originally Posted by chemical586 View Post
I'm freezing! It's 1 degree here in Denver, and my furnace is not doing its job...

I replaced the thermostat. I changed the air filter... Some heat comes out sometimes, but I need to manually turn the thermostat on and off to get that result. I have the thermostat set to 82 degrees, and the furnace only kicks on when I manually turn it off and back on. And then it only warms up from about 55 to 61 degrees... ugh.

Suggestions? Thanks! I have a Trane furnace that's probably 11-12 years old.

-E
I have the same problem! Just replaced the digital thermostat with another one, and the darn thing will only heat for a little while. If I turn it on and off, it will work for a while - with a constant heat of about 60 degreees. I think the wiring is right - theres only four wires, all color coded. Its gonna be a cold night tonight...