Bryant fb4anf030 Help

Old 01-19-07, 09:44 AM
D
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bryant fb4anf030 Help

I have a Bryant model FB4ANF030.

Early this morning there was a burning smell coming through the vents and now the heater will not kick on at all.

I am assuming that the burning smell was the blower over heating and now it has shut the system down for that reason.

I have searched online and cannot find the part or where the blower is located inside of the unit.

If anyone is familiar with the unit and can let me know if it is possible for the layman to replace or should I call someone to check it out.

Thanks,
D

Old 01-19-07, 09:53 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wink

I dont know how your unit is set up. Like lay down blow up or down. So turn all the power off to the unit. then remove the front top and bottom doors like . You will see the motor. Yes it can be a DIY job if your into this. Mark down where all wires go to and how. then pull the motor out. make sure you get the same Hp RPM and that it turns the same way CW or CCW.

Old 01-19-07, 10:01 AM
D
It is a stand up, blow up unit. I just read in the other thread about the unit defrosting and the steam coming out of it. This happened yesterday to the unit, but I am assuming it doesn't have to do with my problem today. The smell was definitely a motor overheating. It is about 30 degrees here so I have to get on this right now.

Thanks,
D

Old 01-19-07, 10:13 AM
D
This may be a ridiculous question, but even in EME mode it needs the blower to be working properly correct?

I didn't know if there was a reset button on the unit that may have kicked off for the time being.

Old 01-19-07, 10:18 AM
Wink

yes you have to have that inside blower to run the EME heat

Old 01-19-07, 01:29 PM
D
That burning rubber smell that I had this morning, turned out to be burning rubber. Inside the assess panel there were 2 main wires that were melting from the top down. The tech said it was the aluminum wiring that this happens to from time to time.

Old 01-19-07, 01:36 PM
Wink

Glad its not the motor. Make sure he put lots of paste on that aluminum wire. There and also in your main panel. I hope he also checked the main panel on the wire there. Some times it wont burn like it did for you. But go with a big bang off the wire lug. That is why we cant and dont use any aluminum wire to our units

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: