Hydronic electric baseboard heaters - any good?

Old 02-05-07, 10:14 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hydronic electric baseboard heaters - any good?

We are thinking about adding baseboard heaters to our laundry room, master bedroom, and master bath (all in the basement). We heat with a wood stove upstairs and even though we can turn on the blower to distribute heat, it still seems chilly downstairs, so baseboard heaters that we can kick on "low" to up the temperature just a tad seems like the solution. (Note: we may be adding a gas burning stove to the master BR if we have any money left over once the rest of the remodel is done.)

We saw hydronic baseboard heaters at the store yesterday so I am curious about the efficiency, how well they work, etc. They are pretty expensive compared to the plain electric baseboard heaters, but tout efficiency so I realize there may be an eventual cost savings.

Does anyone know about these and can you tell me a little more?
Thanks!

Old 02-05-07, 10:24 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wink

Stay with just the plane electric baseboard heaters.If thats the way you want to go.

we may be adding a gas burning stove to the master BR if we have any money left over once the rest of the remodel is done.)

In no way put in a ventless kind here.
You might go to

http://warmair.net and compare fuel cost for where you are

Old 02-05-07, 05:43 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ed thanks for the tip on the gas stove. It would be a vented model... ventless scares me!

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: