Humudifier for the Electric Heating

Old 02-16-07, 05:15 PM
I
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Humudifier for the Electric Heating

Hi, you guys might have answer this many many times, just do it one more time. We just bought a new home last week in Georgia. We have Electric heat and the air is very very dry in our home. Some one told me to use Whole house Humudifier to fix this problem. I have a 2 stories, 2600 sq home. I bought two Kenmore whole house Humudifiers, about 10 gal each. One for Up and one for down area. I loved it, the fact that we don't have dry skin and stuffy noises, BUT, BUT it is toooooo loud. If we set it up at low setting then doesn't do the job. I would like to have the bypass humudifier so I don't have to deal with filling it with water and the noise. I need to know, should I do it myself, which one to buy, how big etc. Please any help would be really appreciated. When you ans. this please think of it like you are talk to some one who doesn't know much about all this but willing to learn and really wants to do this ASAP. Thanks and you guys have a great site.

Old 02-16-07, 05:24 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wink

You dont say what you have there for set up and duct work. With electric heat or heat pump. I take it you have duct work there . Id go for a good unit that will do the job. Look at a Aprilaire 700. It can go on the plenum has its own fan in it so you dont need the bypass. Yes it is DIY

Old 02-17-07, 06:14 AM
N
I did some research on h.h.h's for my new heat pump and would highly recommend the Desert Springs hum. It's easy to install if youre half-way handy. I didn't want the pad or drum type because I have hard well water and the pads get all types of mold and deposits on them. The steam units are too expensive. The Desert Springs uses rotating disks that don't hold the gunk to them, distribute better and use less water. Plus you don't have to buy replacement pads. You can order it through Lowe's online, for ~$200.
http://www.desertspringproducts.com/

Old 02-17-07, 05:51 PM
M
mjb
A bypass humidifier, including Desert Spring, will not work in a heat pump system. The heat pump does not supply enough hot air for a bypass to work. You will be very disappointed. A steam type humidifier is the best option.

Old 02-17-07, 08:55 PM
Wink

The only humidifier that we put on all of the heat pumps here is the Aprilaire 700. Works the best of any and we have tried them all.

Old 02-21-07, 11:16 AM
I
Humid for electric heating

Thanks guys. I got Duck work and my both furances are in the attic. Let's say if I were to go with 700, do I need two of them(one for downstairs and one for up) or just one would do it. Second, is there a site or does any one have any pictures for all the steps, how to do the Ap 700? Because How am I going to get the water Connection, etc, etc. thanks

Old 02-26-07, 07:20 PM
Smile

Of course a bypass humidifier will work with a heat pump. The air doesn't need to be hot, just dry.
Here's some information about humidity & humidifiers

http://writetechpublications.com/files/HumidityHumidifiers.pdf

and the Aprilaire:

http://www.aprilaire.com/index.php?znfAction=OwnersManual

Old 02-27-07, 01:45 PM
I
Heat pumps

Guys do I need one unit or two if I were to put 700. Pls let me know.

Old 02-27-07, 03:03 PM
A
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
If the Kenmore units work now use that as your standard. Look at the capacity per hour and compare them to the replacement humidifier. If the replacement humidifier has twice the capacity, you only need one unit. Install it on the equipment for the main floor of the home and the humidity will migrate throughout the entire home.

The Aprilaire Model 700 is 0.7 gallons per hour.

Hope this helps.

Old 02-27-07, 03:59 PM
I
[QUOTE=aprilaire;1133789]If the Kenmore units work now use that as your standard.
Originally Posted by insurance View Post
Guys do I need one unit or two if I were to put 700. Pls let me know.
so, is Aprilaire 700 big enough for 2600 sq. two story home?

Old 02-27-07, 04:06 PM
Wink

Should be . Try just one and see how it does first.

Old 02-28-07, 04:30 AM
Wink

check this about sizing your humidifier:

http://www.just-humidifiers.com/humidifier-sizing.php

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: