new thermostat

Old 02-24-07, 01:26 PM
D
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
new thermostat

just got a new thermostat model robertshaw 9870i and have a rheem heat pump also aan aprilaire 700, in my owner manual there are two diagrams-hp/elec heat using a humidistat for dehumidification, and the other says hp/elec heat using a 2 stage thermostat for dehumidification? which diagram should i use? this will work the 700 too? thanks

Old 02-24-07, 01:55 PM
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Wink

Not sure what unit you have there for the heat pump.
But when they say----there are two diagrams-hp/elec heat using a humidistat for dehumidification, and the other says hp/elec heat using a 2 stage thermostat for dehumidification? which diagram should i use?

Most of the time that is on a V/S blower for the AC part. When set it will slow the blower down so it can pull more humidity out of the air for you in the summer. Both say DEHUMIDIFICATION. Not to put humidity in the air. That 700 came with its own humidifier control put it on the cold air drop and use the manual mode

Old 02-24-07, 03:56 PM
D
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
does 2 stage thermostat mean 2 cool settingS. if so i would use the diagram that says hp wit elec heat using a 2 thermostat for dehumidification. the 700 will stay hooked up the way it was before. is this right?

Old 02-25-07, 10:25 PM
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Wink

does 2 stage thermostat mean 2 cool settingS.
Only if you have a 2 stage condenser unit

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: