Recovery on Heat Pump

Old 03-06-07, 05:33 PM
D
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Question Recovery on Heat Pump

Can some one tell me what Recovery on my thermostat means? I have an Arcoaire 12 Seer Heat Pump and a Honeywell T8611g 2002 Thermostat.

It is about 24 degrees outside right now. I previously had ice build up on the outside unit on the bottom, but have since had it filled with freon, and it has not had ice build up since.

Old 03-06-07, 08:27 PM
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Wink

It is about 24 degrees outside right now. I previously had ice build up on the outside unit on the bottom, but have since had it filled with freon, and it has not had ice build up since.
A unit running in that cold will build up ice now and then. Then have to go into defrost to melt it off. Was it low on freon??? Did he put in enough??? Is the big copper line comeing off the compressor hot when it is running???

Old 03-06-07, 08:46 PM
A
Cool

i've never seen Recovery on a t-stat. is it on the inside next to where all the wires are going in?
It could just be the terminal for a ERV.
but if you had one u would know.

Old 03-07-07, 04:05 PM
D
Ed Imeduc

Yes it was low on freon. He said it took about 5lbs. He gave it a little extra. And yes the I believe it is hot. He checked that the day he came by. Today we got hit with that Alberta Clipper...a few inches of snow, but the Outside unit has snow bands on it and is a fluffy kind of frost. The bottom has just started to freeze a little, but there is no ice on the inside of the unit and the weep holes are clear. I have images of this as well, but can't post for you to see.

AZAir

Yeah it is on the T-Stat. I have an image to show you, but again I can't post it for you. The Reovery does come on and go off.

Old 03-07-07, 04:25 PM
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Wink

And yes the I believe it is hot.
Is the big copper line hot when it goes into the blower coil inside when its running???????????

Old 03-07-07, 05:05 PM
D
I went out and double checked...yes the big copper line is very hot.

Old 03-08-07, 05:19 AM
Recovery on the Honeywell t-stat means that it's recoverying from a set back. The t-stat learns on how long it takes to heat the house, and will start the system earlier to recover from set back, and then goes into it's normal cycle.

So i take it you are using set back on it at night or in the day you are away?

What is your back up heat?

If you have electric I may not advise it.. (I don't know if this model of t-stat will try to advoid the strip or not like the VP model would)

Old 03-08-07, 04:19 PM
D
I'm not really sure on how to check my set back.

My stat is set for 68 during the day (Wake) which is like 8:00 AM to 8:00 PM and then set for 70 at night (Sleep) 8:00 PM to 8:00 AM

And yes it's all electric. I think I have a 7.5 kw heat bank.

Old 03-08-07, 05:31 PM
Ok, you are not really setting it back at night.. you got it warmer at night.. So before 8 or earlier, the system will start up early in "Recovery" mode to get the house temp up. Then at 8pm, it's out of Recovery mode.

Old 03-08-07, 06:34 PM
D
Thanks for clearing that up for me.

The Recovery came on before 8:00 PM tonight, just as you said and it did go off around 8:00 PM. It now displays AuxHt. Does that mean that it is using the electric strip to help it?

Old 03-08-07, 07:08 PM
Yes, the Aux heat will show if the heat pump can't keep up or it went into defrost.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: