New Trane Air Handler??

Old 03-08-07, 11:46 AM
R
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
New Trane Air Handler??

I currently have a Trane air handler, model # TWE 048C140F3. Its a 4 ton unit and was installed in 1994. The coil is now leaking. I received an estimate of $962.00 to replace just the coil. My question is, can I replace the entire air handler with model # 2TGBE3F48 without adversely affecting the whole system? There's a company in town that will install the entire new air handler unit for $1,150.00!! The new model has a SEER 13 rating, while the older system was a 10 SEER. I don't want to replace the outside compressor, which is working fine. The outside unit is a Trane XE 1000, Model # TWR048C100A1, and I believe it also is 4 ton. I live in Orlando, FL and it gets very humid here in the summers! THANKS to any and all who can give me some advice!

Old 03-08-07, 01:15 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Wink

I know you dont want to hear this. But with 12 years on the unit You should go for a new one inside and out. Also a 15 seer or more with the V/S blower. It will work like a dream down there. The blower can slow down so it can take out more humidity. This way you can get a 10 year warranty on it all and a Tax credit from the IRS. I know the weather down there I was there for years West palm Beach.
AS much as the AC runs there it pays to also get a hot water recovery on the unit when put in . Most of the time I got free hot water for about 8 months down there . it also kicks up your seer on the AC unit

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: