Boiler vs. High Efficency Hotwater Heater for Radiant

Old 03-18-07, 10:55 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Boiler vs. High Efficency Hotwater Heater for Radiant

Looking to retrofit my first floor with radiant floor heating and would like to know the pros and cons of a boiler vs. a water heater (this would be a dedicated water heater for the system)... I have read a lot and each manufacturer swears by their method a the best way... Would love to get independent opinion... The space is about 2200 sq feet I am looking to retrofit with capacity to do a similar space (2200 sq) basment down the road.... Any tips would be appreciated...

I have also heard a lot of talk about different ways of running the tubing in the rafters under the first floor... Stapling, Suspending, and Heating Plates.. Pros and cons on that would also be appreciated...

Sponsored Links
Old 03-24-07, 06:24 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
I assume your house is above grade? Not a concrete slab so you could install radiant heat below your floor?

If its a slab then they would have to bust up your slab run piping then refinish your slab.
To me that would be very costly. there may be some alternative ways for radiant heat that may not be costly, but I'm not sure I myself would deal with the hassle.

What type of heat do you have now?
Why do you not like that type of heat.

Last edited by ClassicDave; 03-24-07 at 09:51 PM.