Carrier Heating/AC Unit

Old 04-09-07, 11:03 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Smile Carrier Heating/AC Unit

Hi,

I wonder if I can get some information regarding a Carrier Heat/AC unit that I have. It's a "through the wall" type unit. Model Number: 52SEC514301AA, seriel # 2698E60355. This unit was made in 1998.

What I have is a unit that's had it's switch/control unit (thermostat settings/off/on, etc switches) replaced. The new control unit won't operate now on low, and the maint. man has said that it can be operated only on HI Heat, because it gets too hot to operate it on low. The thing is, that when I select LO Heat, the fan doesn't work at all, and it gets red hot in there (I guess that's what it's supposed to do when it's not working right ) Anyway, is this the way it is supposed to be? Maint man said he the internet told him to place a jumper somewhere in the switch/control unit. Where can I find this info myself? I don't believe what he is saying, and I must verify it myself. Is there a Carrier tech site online where I can get these tech questions, or can someone here answer my concerns? I'd appreciate it.

Thanks for the help.

Sponsored Links
Old 04-10-07, 05:36 AM
Sounds like instead of replacing the part with the proper part he just used whatever he had. Sounds like the way he did it is a potential for a fire. He cannot just leave a part in there that overheats and tell you not to use that setting. What if a little kid changed it ? I would call management and let them know about this potential fire waiting to happen and let them know you need it repaired properly.

Old 04-10-07, 12:29 PM
Thanks Mattison.