Fair price for Trane HVAC install?

Old 04-13-07, 08:10 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Fair price for Trane HVAC install?

My house is 2200 sqft cape cod built in 1962 with most of area on first floor, only two bedrooms and small bath upstairs. Duct work designed for original oil furnace with multiple registers and returns low wall in each room. A/C added with furnace upgrade in late 80's with no additional duct work.

Planned system is:

-3.0T Trane XL16i with VS air handler (410a) downstairs using existing duct work and sealing off upstairs
-1.5T Trane XR13 with VS air handler (410a) in attic with new duct work in upstairs ceiling.
-Two Trane 803 tstats
-Two AprilAire 2200 filters
-10 years parts and labor

Quoted price is $15,488 - I know this is high efficiency, top of the line equipment but it still seems high to me.

Any thoughts?

Sponsored Links
Old 04-13-07, 10:01 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Wink

Its hard to say the cost . Its so different across the country. Also you have to see the job or a print of the home to work a load and cost for it.

It dont sound to bad to me but as I say not sure.

As I dont know the home or where you are. What I dont like with the bid.

4.5ton for 2200sq ft is a lot do you need it. its better for a unit to run a long time .Than to start and stop a lot. It gets more humidity out of the home. We use most of the time XL15i with the R22 freon in it that will be made till 2030. I sure go for the XL15i for upstairs and down . with them you can get a tax credit from the IRS
I also dont get the oil furnace???? then you say V/S blower??? What heat will you have here????

Top of the line no way you have to go for the XL19i. That has two compressor in it. The Xl16i is just a 2stage compressor so its running if on 1st stage are both stage.
In any 2story home it is best to have a system for up and one for diown