Are heat pumps a plus for Propane users

Old 05-18-07, 09:05 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Are heat pumps a plus for Propane users

Im not familiar with these little units but have heard good things...How much would one cost me to put on my 1800 sq ft home heated w/ a LP furnace....if possible? And if its not too much trouble could someone tell me how much its saves them annualy or even just through like the winter months (assuming your winters are cold)?

Sponsored Links
Old 05-18-07, 09:18 PM
Wink

Go to http://warmair.net There you can compare fuel cost. This will tell you if the heatpump is good for you there. Also check the power company there and see if you can get a deal from them. All we put in here are the full heat pumps for heat and cool . LP is to high

Old 05-18-07, 09:20 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Though I do not have LP, I have NG. I just got a whole new system to include a heatpump.

During the colder months, it saved me about 20-25% on my utility bills. Electric went up slightly, but gas went WAY down.

The heatpump will provide the heat as long as the outside temp is above......32 degress I believe. Any colder then that, the gas furnace kicks on.

It's too difficult to price. YOu typically do not want to just purchase a heatpump and not the rest. I got a whole new system except new ducts installed for $6000. All good Carrier models.

I would suggest you have a couple companies come out and do a Manual J calculation on your home. This will tell them exactly what size units you need.

Old 05-19-07, 05:23 AM
Captain

What area of country do you live?

If you know your utility rates and efficiency of equipment, then you can make the comparison between various fuels for heating. Here is the fuel comparison calculator.

IMO

http://www.warmair.com/html/fuel_cost_comparisons.htm